Where can i buy ASTM B164 UNS N04400 round bars?
The ASTM B164 specification refers to nickel copper alloys in the form or hot or cold worked products. The ASTM B164 UNS N04400 round bars are widely used in marine and thermal applications. You can get the round bars from reputed suppliers in India like Regent Steel & Engineering Co.
Apart from offering great quality ASME SB164 rounds at affordable prices, our customer-friendly team is always there to assist you. Contact us today to get custom-made round bars delivered to your doorstep on time.
Table of content
Get ASME SB 164 UNS N04400 rod and hex bar manufacturer in India and discover its condition
What is the condition of ASME SB 164 UNS N04400 rod?
- The common conditions of ASME SB 164 UNS N04400 rods will include annealing. Herein, the material is heated to a specific temperature and then cooled to relieve stress. The process helps improve the machinability and formability of alloy 400.
- They can also be cold worked to achieve specific mechanical properties.
- UNS N04400 rods can age hardened to improve their strength and hardness.
- Some bars can also be supplied in as-drawn condition without undergoing any additional heat treatment.
Having difficulty getting ASTM B164 N04400 square and flat bar in odd sizes ? We focus on providing custom or cut-to-size services, compare hot-worked vs cold-worked
ASME SB 164 UNS N04400 rod
B164 UNS N04400 flat bar
SB164 UNS N04400 hex bar
What is the difference between hot-worked and cold-worked N04400 bar ?
- The hot worked ASME SB164 N04400 rectangular bars are shaped at elevated temperatures above its recrystallization temp. After the metal is heated, it will get easier to deform and shape. The cold worked bars are shaped at room temperature without significant heating.
- Hot working decreases the hardness and improves the ductility of the bars. Cold working enhances the hardness and strength compared to the hot worked bars.
- Hot worked bars give an oxidized surface whereas ASTM B164 cold drawn bars have a smooth & clean finish.
- Cold worked UNS N04400 bright bars have a tighter dimensional tolerance than the hot worked ones.
As a supplier and stockist stock SB164 N04400 bright and rectangular bar in Mumbai, which ranges in thickness from 3mm to 800 mm at a genuine price, view complete specification
ASTM B164 UNS N04400 round bar specification
|Condition || Diameter || Length |
|cold drawn, annealed, turned etc. ||1/2" to 8" ||upto 12 inch or custom |
|Application || Specification ||Form |
|pump shafts, heat exchanger ||ASTM B164 | ASME SB164 || Round, Hex, Square, Rectangular |
We can supply UNS N04400 cold drawn bar in practically any size for shafts and vessels with the highest standards and quality . See various types
Most popular types of ASME SB 164 UNS N04400 rod
UNS N04400 bright bar
- Hot Rolled Pickled
- Sand Blasting Finished
ASTM B164 N04400 square bar
- Size: 4 - 100 mm
- Hardened & tempered
ASME SB164 N04400 rectangular bar
Offering ASME SB164 round with Mill TC at the most aggressive price in cold finished, hot rolled, and annealed forms, Analyze their equivalent, chemical and mechanical compatibility
UNS N04400 bright bar equivalent
|STANDARD ||UNS ||AFNOR ||WERKSTOFF NR. ||EN ||JIS ||GOST ||BS |
|Monel 400 ||N04400 ||NU-30M ||2.4360 ||NiCu30Fe ||NW 4400 ||МНЖМц 28-2,5-1,5 ||NA 13 |
B164 UNS N04400 flat bar mechanical properties
|Element ||Tensile Strength ||Melting Point ||Yield Strength (0.2%Offset) ||Density ||Elongation |
|Monel 400 ||Psi – 80,000 , MPa – 550 ||1350 °C (2460 °F) ||Psi – 35,000 , MPa – 240 ||8.8 g/cm3 ||40 % |
SB164 UNS N04400 hex bar chemical properties
|Grade ||S ||Mn ||Ni ||Si ||C ||Cu ||Fe |
|Monel 400 ||0.024 max ||2.00 max ||63.00 min ||0.50 max ||0.30 max ||28.00 – 34.00 ||2.50 max |
What are SB164 UNS N04400 hex bar advantages?
- The SB164 UNS N04400 hex bars show excellent resistance to sea water and brine, making it suitable for marine applications.
- It can withstand caustic solutions and alkalis.
- The material has high weldability and does not need a post weld heat treatment.
- N04400 can resist corrosion and environments containing reducing compounds.
- They show great performance in high working pressure and temperature environments.
What are B164 UNS N04400 flat bar certifications and test reports are available ?
You can ask your B164 UNS N04400 flat bar suppliers for a mill test report which ensures the chemical and mechanical properties of the material.
You can also ask for a visual inspection to detect any kind of visible defects. Depending on your application requirements, you can ask the suppliers for additional tests like NDT, corrosion testing, etc.
What ASTM B164 N04400 square bar standard length and tolerance?
The ASTM B164 N04400 square bars can have standard length ranging between 12-20 feet or more. Clients can ask for custom lengths of these bars as per their specific requirements.
Tolerance is the acceptable variation range in the square bar dimensions. This includes the nominal size and the tolerance range ±1% of the NS, as per the size and industry standards.