What is Duplex 2205 round bar ?
Duplex 2205 is a stainless steel alloy that is known for its high strength, weldability and corrosion resistance properties. The duplex 2205 round bar can specifically resist different forms of corrosion like pitting, crevice and chloride stress corrosion cracking.
The material has higher tensile & yield strengths compared to other alloys. Hence, it is ideal for structural and load bearing applications. The material also shows excellent fatigue resistance and employed for cyclic loading applications.
2205 duplex round bar has high toughness even at low temperatures and thus are preferred for cryogenic applications. The material is quite versatile and used in industries like pulp & paper, oil & gas, chemical processing, etc. Regent Steel & Engineering Co. is one of the top suppliers of the round bars. They offer precise dimensions, customized surface finish and competitive rates for their high quality rounds.
Table of content
We are the supplier of alloy 2205 rod and hex bar in India with the lowest price as per ASTM A276 . compare UNS S31803 and UNS S32205
compare UNS S31803 or UNS S32205 bar
- 2205 duplex round bar material is the higher strength variant of S31803. Both of them have similar chemical composition but 2205 has slightly higher nitrogen content, which increases the strength.
- Both shows good corrosion resistance properties, especially in chloride rich environment.
- They are readily weldable and can be welded using standard procedures.
- UNS S31803 annealed bar is more widely available than UNS S32205.
We are oldest 2205 duplex stainless steel flat bar and square bar stockist in Mumbai, see difference between cold drawn and hot rolled bar
Alloy 2205 rod
2205 duplex stainless steel flat bar
Duplex steel 2205 hex bar
difference between 2205 duplex cold drawn or hot rolled bar?
- The manufacturing process of ASME SA276 UNS S32205 hot rolled bars is different from that of cold rolled bars. For hot rolling, the bar is passed through a series of rollers at elevated temperatures. Whereas, in cold rolling, the bar is passed through a die to reduce its diameter and improve the surface finish.
- Hot rolled bars have a rough surface whereas cold rolled ones have a smooth and polished surface finish.
- Cold drawn bars have more precise dimensional tolerance.
- Hot rolling gives a coarse grain structure whereas cold drawing results in refined grain structure.
- Cold drawn 2205 duplex bar has higher tensile strength and hardness.
- Hot rolled bars are typically more cost effective.
We keep an inexpensive stock of 1.4462 rectangular and bright bar in diameter ranging from 0.250″ to 14.000″ , or we may create a custom order also for 2205 bar with prompt delivery.
Duplex 2205 round bar specification
|Diameter ||Condition ||Length |
|1/2 to 14 inch ||cold drawn, annealed, turned ||upto 24" or custom |
|Specification ||Grades ||Form |
|ASTM A276| ASME SA276 ||UNS S32205/ S31803 ||Round, Hex, Square, Rectangular |
|Application || oil and gas exploration and marine |
The most recent price list for cut-to-size 22 cr duplex cold drawn and hot rolled bar in a range of thicknesses is available on our website, explore more available types
Most commonly used 2205 round bar types
SAF 2205 rectangular bar
- Dia: 3 to 450mm
- ASTM A276 | ASME SA276
- Length: 3 to 6 meter
DIN 1.4462 square bar
- Bright Polished
- Centreless Ground
- Matt Finish
UNS S32205 bar
We only offer the best-quality SAF 2205 annealed bar in a variety of finishes online, see duplex steel 2205 round mechanical and chemical properties
1.4462 round bar equivalent
|STANDARD ||WERKSTOFF NR. ||UNS |
|Duplex ||1.4462 / 1.4462 ||UNS S31803 / UNS S32205 |
Alloy 2205 rod mechanical properties
|Material ||Hardness (HB) MAX ||Yield Strength 0.2% ksi (min) ||Elongation % ||Tensile Strength ksi (min) |
|Duplex ||217 ||65 ||25 ||90 |
2205 duplex stainless steel flat bar chemical properties
| ||Mn ||N ||C ||S ||Si ||P ||Cr ||Mo ||Ni |
|2205 (S32205) ||2.0 max ||min: 0.14 max: 0.20 ||0.03 max ||0.02 max ||1.0 max ||0.03 max ||min: 22.0 max: 23.0 ||min: 3.0 max: 3.5 ||min: 4.5 max: 6.5 |
|2205 (S31803) ||2.0 max ||min: 0.08 max: 0.20 ||0.03 max ||0.02 max ||1.0 max ||0.03 max ||min: 21.0 max: 23.0 ||min: 2.5 max: 3.5 ||min: 4.5 max: 6.5 |
What certifications or testing needed for 2205 round bar to use in corrosive environments?
- Material test certificate for 2205 round bar provides detailed information about the chemical composition and mechanical properties of the material.
- Corrosion testing will ensure that bars are resistant to specific corrosive environments.
- NDTs help detect subsurface defects and irregularities in the bar.
- Visual inspection checks the surface of the bar for any damage or irregularities.
- Third party inspections can assess the material quality and compliance with given standards and specifications.
how alloy 2205 forged or cast form is differ with each other ?
- Forging the alloy 2205 rod involves heating it to a high temperature and then giving the desired shape using compressive forces. For casting, the molten material is poured into a cast and allowed to solidify.
- The forged rod exhibits higher mechanical strength and toughness.
- Forged 2205 duplex stainless steel flat bars have more uniform and fine grained structure.
- Forged products have better dimensional accuracy and smoother surface finish.
- Casted duplex steel 2205 hex bars are more cost-effective.
which method used to protect 1.4462 round bar during shipping and storage?
The 1.4462 round bar should be stored away from moisture above the floor in a cool and dry place. Make sure to store the bars indoors but there should be enough ventilation and air circulation.
They should be packed carefully in wooden crates or pallets. Foams are placed between the bars for added protection during transportation.
Duplex steel 2205 hex bar sizes
|Wt per Ft ||Size in Inches ||Wt per 12′ |
|0.180 ||1/4″ ||2.160 |
|0.104 ||3/16″ ||1.248 |
|0.290 ||5/16″ ||3.480 |
|0.104 ||3/16″ ||1.248 |
|0.560 ||7/16″ ||6.72 |
|0.625 ||3/8″ ||4.920 |
|0.740 ||1/2″ ||8.880 |
|1.150 ||5/8″ ||13.80 |
|0.930 ||9/16″ ||11.16 |
|1.660 ||3/4″ ||19.92 |
|1.390 ||11/16″ ||16.68 |
|1.950 ||13/16″ ||23.40 |
|2.625 ||15/16″ ||31.20 |
|2.300 ||7/8″ ||27.60 |
|2.90 ||1″ ||34.80 |
|3.700 ||1-1/8″ ||44.40 |
|3.30 ||1-1/16″ ||39.60 |
|4.625 ||1-1/4″ ||55.20 |
|5.625 ||1-3/8″ ||67.20 |
|5.100 ||1-5/16″ ||61.20 |
|6.100 ||1-7/16″ ||73.20 |
|7.800 ||1-5/8″ ||93.60 |
|18.42 ||2-1/2″ ||221.04 |
|6.625 ||1-1/2″ ||79.20 |
|9.030 ||1-3/4″ ||108.36 |
|11.80 ||2″ ||141.60 |
|10.400 ||1-7/8″ ||124.80 |
|16.920 ||2-3/8″ ||203.04 |
|14.920 ||2-1/4″ ||179.04 |
|26.53 ||3″ ||318.36 |
Condition of SAF 2205 rectangular bar
|ANN ||Annealed |
|H&T ||Hardened and tempered. |
|PH ||Precipitation hardened. |
UNS S31803 annealed bar test certificate
- 100% Radiography Test Report
- Raw Materials Certificate
- Third Party Inspection Report
- EN 10204/3.1B