What distinguishes Inconel and Hastelloy from one another?
- Inconel and Hastelloy have both nickel, chromium and molybdenum in their composition. However, Inconel has higher chromium content whereas Hastelloy material has higher molybdenum content.
- Inconel alloys are precipitation hardened and they have high temperature strength. The material provides improved corrosion resistance even in highly aggressive environments. Hastelloy supplier in India ensures that it can also resist pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Hastelloy c22 price per kg is higher than that of Inconel alloy.
Table of content
Regent steel is very first stockist of alloy c22 material in Mumbai, must check latest hastelloy price per kg
What is the cost of Hastelloy metal per kg in India?
Hastelloy material suppliers determine the price based on their internal costings, dimension, quantity required and delivery location. The price also depends on the specific Hastelloy chemical composition, customization required and availability. You can contact reputed suppliers like Regent Steel & Engineering Co. to get competitive Hastelloy price per kg in India and the best quality.
Most Trusted distributor of hastelloy material at low price according to standards, Learn 7 things to consider before buying
7 things to consider before buying Hastelloy material
- Ensure that the material properties of Hastelloy are compatible with the corrosion resistance and other environmental requirements of the application.
- They should also match the temperature and pressure requirements of the service.
- Hastelloy c22 material properties like tensile & yield strengths should be as par with the application needs.
- The Hastelloy x chemical composition should meet the industry standards and specific application requirements.
- Check with the supplier and see if the delivery timelines and your project deadlines match.
- Hastelloy material price is quite expensive so ensure that will fit your project budget.
- Ask for test reports and other documentation that will validate the quality, composition and performance of the Hastelloy.
We keep ready stock inventory of hastelloy nickel alloy for use in geothermal and mining, check its various grades and other details
|Pipe ||Plate ||Round Bar |
| Pipe: .125 to 4 " OD |
Tube: 13.70 to 219.10 mm
|Sheet: .038 to .141" thik |
Plate: upto 2" thik
|1/2" to 10" Diameter |
|Fittings ||Flanges ||Fasteners |
|Seamless: 1/2" to 10" |
Welded: 1/2" to 48"
|1/2" to 60" NB ||Hot Forged: M36/1-1/2 " |
CNC: M100/ 4"
We can supply hastelloy c22 material in any size or form in accordance with the client's specification., explore more available forms
What are the different grades of hastelloy material ?
Nickel Alloy B2
Nickel Alloy B3
Nickel Alloy X
Nickel Alloy C-2000
Do you have issues obtaining hastelloy x metal in a strange size? Relax, you can now order online at dealer prices, see chemical composition and material properties
Hastelloy material chemical properties
|Grade ||UNS ||Cr ||Mo ||S≤ ||Si≤ ||Fe ||C≤ ||Co≤ ||Mn≤ ||P≤ |
|C276 ||N10276 ||14.5-16.5 ||15.0-17.0 ||0.03 ||0.08 ||4.0-7.0 ||0.01 ||2.5 ||1.0 ||0.04 |
|C22 ||N06022 ||20.0-22.5 ||12.5-14.5 ||0.02 ||0.08 ||3.0-6.0 ||0.015 ||2.5 ||0.5 ||0.02 |
|B3 ||N10675 ||1.0-3.0 ||27.0-32.0 ||0.01 ||0.10 ||1.0-3.0 ||0.01 ||3.0 ||3.0 ||0.03 |
|B2 ||N10665 ||1.0max ||26.0-30.0 ||0.03 ||0.10 ||2.0max ||0.02 ||1.0 ||1.0 ||0.04 |
|X ||N06002 ||20.5-23.0 ||8.0-10.0 ||0.03 ||1.0 ||17.0-20.0 ||0.05-0.15 ||0.5-2.5 ||1.0 ||0.04 |
|C2000 ||N06200 ||22.0-24.0 ||15.0-17.0 ||0.01 ||0.08 ||3.0max ||0.01 ||2.0 ||0.5 ||0.025 |
Mechanical properties of hastelloy alloy
| ||Elongation || Density ||Melting Point ||Tensile Strength ||Yield Strength (0.2%Offset) |
|C276 ||40% ||1370 °C (2500 °F) ||Psi – 1,15,000 , MPa – 790 ||8.89 G/Cm33 ||Psi – 52,000 , MPa – 355 |
|C22 ||45 % ||1399 °C (2550 °F) ||Psi – 1,00,000 , MPa – 690 ||8.69 G/Cm3 ||Psi – 45000 , MPa – 310 |
|B3 ||40% ||1370 °C (2550 °F) ||Psi – 1,15,000 , MPa –760 ||9.2 G/Cm3 ||Psi – 52,000 , MPa – 350 |
|B2 ||40% ||1370 °C (2550 °F) ||Psi – 1,15,000 , MPa –760 ||9.2 G/Cm3 ||Psi – 52,000 , MPa – 350 |
|Hybrid BC1 ||40% ||1343 - 1443°C ||725 ||8.83 G/Cm³ ||310 |
|C4 ||55% ||1350-1400 °C ||783 ||8.64 G/Cm3 ||365 |
|X ||35% ||1355°C ||655 MPa ||8.22 G/Cm³ ||240 MPa |
Hastelloy metal equivalent
|STANDARD ||UNS ||BS ||WERKSTOFF NR. ||JIS ||GOST ||EN ||OR |
|Hastelloy C22 ||N06022 ||- ||2.4602 ||NW 6022 ||- ||NiCr21Mo14W ||- |
|Hastelloy C276 ||N10276 ||- ||2.4819 ||NW 0276 ||ХН65МВУ ||NiMo16Cr15W ||ЭП760 |
|Hastelloy B2 ||N10665 ||- ||2.4617 ||- ||- ||- ||- |
What are various grades of Hastelloy alloy ?
The Hastelloy material composition and properties vary with its grades. Some of the common grades are as follows:
- Hastelloy B series includes B-2 and B-3. The grade B2 shows good resistance to corrosion in different acidic environments. B3 is an upgrade with better rust resistance properties.
- Hastelloy C series have C-4, C-22, C-22HS, C-276 and C-2000. C276 is the most popular grade and all of them can withstand corrosion, including pitting, crevice and stress corrosion cracking.
- The hastelloy G series consist of G-3, G-30 and G35. The high Cr content in G30 improves its oxidation resistance properties.
- The other grades are hastelloy N, S, W and X. They are found in applications taking place in elevated temperature conditions like aerospace, gas turbine engine, etc.
What makes Hastelloy B2 and B3 different from one another?
- Hastelloy B2 has more molybdenum content than B3. Thus, they can withstand higher thermal shock and oxidation. B3 has higher nickel content and is suitable for higher levels of stress corrosion cracking.
- B3 has a higher melting point than B2.
- B2 is slightly more resistant to corrosion than B3.
- B3 has lower chromium content and hence it is more affordable.
What is Hastelloy's machinability?
Hastelloy is generally hard to machine due to its high strength and work hardening properties. The machinability rate depends on the alloy grade like Hastelloy c22 chemical composition.