What is Inconel 625 plate?
Inconel 625 is a nickel based high performance super alloy. The alloy primarily consists of nickel, chromium, molybdenum and niobium with trace amounts of iron and cobalt. Inconel 625 plate shows outstanding resistance to corrosion in both oxidizing and reducing environments.
It can also resist pitting, crevice corrosion and chloride ion related stress corrosion cracking. The alloy can retain its strength and integrity in high temperature conditions. Alloy 625 is quite versatile and possesses excellent weldability.
The werkstoff nr 2.4856 plate is very ductile and can be formed & fabricated into different shapes. The material can maintain its mechanical integrity at cryogenic temperatures too and has biocompatible properties. If you are in search of high quality plates made of inconel 625 material, contact Regent Steel & Engineering Co. They offer customized plates specific to your requirements at the most competitive rates.
Table of content
We are one of India's largest and best-quality suppliers of alloy 625 sheet from reputable mills, review its limitation
What are Inconel 625 sheet's restrictions?
- Inconel 625 sheet suppliers state that its price is higher than the standard stainless or carbon steel material due to its chemical composition and mechanical properties.
- The sheet might not be suitable for prolonged usage in extremely high temperature environments.
- Cold working the inconel 625 tubing can reduce its corrosion resistance properties.
- Machining alloy 625 can be challenging due to its high strength and work hardening properties.
- The availability of the material is quite limited and it is quite dense too.
Why spend more when AMS 5599 strip and coil is available here in the precise size as per ASTM B443 ? See its maximum hardness details here
Inconel 625 sheet
Alloy 625 strip
AMS 5599 coil
What is the Inconel 625 coil's maximum hardness?
The maximum hardness of the nickel alloy 625 coil depends on the specific heat treatment applied and its processing conditions. In the annealed condition, alloy 625 generally has a hardness within the range of 150-190 HB.
Solution annealing, followed by precipitation hardening and cold working can increase the hardness of inconel 625 material.
As stockist we offer Inconel 625 sheet in sizes ranging from 0.016 to 0.130 inches at a competitive price in Mumbai, see specification chart
Inconel 625 plate specification
|Plate ||Sheet ||Inconel 625 Coil |
|0.1875 to 2.000 " ||0.016 to 0.130" ||0.016 to 0.130" |
|Cutting ||Inconel 625 plate Specification ||Application |
|laser, plasma, waterjet ||ASTM B443/ ASME SB443 ||propeller blades, submarine, chemical |
If you need any assistance with nickel alloy 625 foil and shim sheet requirements to complete your project, please contact us, check other types
Most popular types of alloy 625 plate
Werkstoff nr 2.4856 plate
- Inconel 625 Sheet: 0.016 to 0.130 inch
- Coil: 0.016 to 0.130 inch
- Inconel 625 Plate: 0.1875 to 2.000 inch
Nickel alloy 625 foil
- Aerospace components
- Heat Exchangers
- Chemical Processing
Inconel alloy 625 shim sheet
- Inconel 625 Plate Slitting
As a leading Inconel 625 plate supplier we provide value-added services together with a variety of thicknesses, learn more about its technical properties
AMS 5599 sheet equivalent
|STANDARD ||GOST ||JIS ||WERKSTOFF NR. ||BS ||UNS ||AFNOR ||EN |
|Inconel 625 plate ||ХН75МБТЮ ||NCF 625 ||2.4856 ||NA 21 ||N06625 ||NC22DNB4MNiCr22Mo9Nb ||NiCr23Fe |
Nickel alloy 625 coil mechanical properties
|Tensile Strength ||Hardness ||Reduction of area ||0.2% Proof Stress ||Elongation |
|MPA ||HRB ||% ||MPA ||% |
|Min ||Min ||Min ||Min ||Min |
|827 ||145 ||40 ||414 ||30 |
DIN 2.4856 strips chemical properties
| Ni ||Mn ||Cr ||Mo ||Ti ||Nb+Ta ||Fe ||C ||Si ||Ph ||S ||Co ||Al || |
|Max ||0.10 ||- ||5 ||0.40 ||10 ||23 ||4.15 ||0.50 ||0.50 ||0.015 ||0.40 ||0.015 ||1.0 |
|Min ||- ||Bal ||- ||- ||8 ||20 ||3.15 ||- ||- ||- ||- ||- ||- |
What is the Inconel 625 strip's surface speed?
The surface speed for alloy 625 strip depends on the type of machining operation, cutting tool material & geometry and specific machining conditions. Apart from these, using the right coolant can dissipate heat and improve the tool's life cycle.
Different cutting operations will have different recommended cutting speeds. Thus, there are no specific surface speeds for the strips. You must consult the manufacturers and refer to their guidelines for achieving the desired result.
Exactly where is AMS 5599 sheet used?
- Inconel 625 sheet suppliers recommend the products for the aerospace industry due to high temperature performance and resistance to corrosion.
- They are found in chemical processing applications as it can withstand acids, alkalis and chloride containing compounds.
- Inconel 625 has high strength properties and hence is ideal for the oil & gas industry.
- AMS 5599 sheet is used in marine applications as the material can withstand pitting, crevice corrosion and chloride ion related stress corrosion cracking.
- It is also found in power generation, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
What are 6 useful tips for welding of alloy 625 plate ?
- Select the right filler material specifically designed for alloy 625 plate, like ERNiCrMo-3.
- Thoroughly clean the plate surface to remove any contaminants as it will help to achieve good quality welds.
- Inconel 625 is sensitive to high heat inputs. So low heat input welding technique must be employed to control the heat affected zone and minimize the risk of cracking.
- The weld area should be shielded with an inert gas to protect the area from atmospheric contamination or oxidation.
- The interpass temperature must be maintained within the recommended range to prevent excessive grain growth in the heat affected zone.
- Inconel 625 plate suppliers recommend post weld heat treatment for thicker sections or when elevated temperature service conditions are expected.
Physical properties of alloy 625 sheet
|Melting Range ||°F ||2350 - 2460 |
|°C ||1290 - 1350 |
|Inconel 625 plate Density ||g/cm3 ||8.44 |
|lb/in.3 ||0.305 |
Filler metal of alloy 625 plate
|INCONEL 112 ||WELDING ELECTRODES |
|INCONEL filler metal 625 |
Thickness chart of AMS 5599 sheet
|Inconel 625 plate |
|2" ||1 1/4" ||1" ||1 3/4" ||1 1/2" || |
|50.8mm ||31.8mm ||25.4mm ||44.5mm ||38.1mm || |
|3/4" ||1/4" ||3/16" ||1/2" ||3/8" ||5/8" |
|19mm ||6.3mm ||4.8mm ||12.7mm ||9.5mm ||15.9mm |
Temperature range of nickel alloy 625 coil
|°F ||in/in/°F ||°C ||cm/cm°C |
|400 ||7.3 x 10-6 ||204 ||13.1 x 10-6 |
|200 ||7.1 x 10-6 ||93 ||12.8 x 10-6 |
|800 ||7.6 x 10-6 ||427 ||13.7 x 10-6 |
|600 ||7.4 x 10-6 ||316 ||13.3 x 10-6 |
|1200 ||8.2 x 10-6 ||649 ||14.8 x 10-6 |
|1000 ||7.8 x 10-6 ||538 ||14.0 x 10-6 |
|1600 ||8.8 x 10-6 ||871 ||15.8 x 10-6 |
|1400 ||8.5 x 10-6 ||760 ||15.3 x 10-6 |
|1700 ||9.0 x 10-6 ||927 ||16.2 x 10-6 |
Corrosion rate of Werkstoff Nr 2.4856 plate
|Alloy ||Corrosion Rate |
|mm/a ||mpy |
|Inconel 625 plate ||0.17-0.19 ||6.8-7.8 |
What is specific gravity of alloy 625 strip ?
What is typical application of AMS 5599 sheet ?
- Aerospace equipment
- Motor racing exhaust systems
- Jet Engine exhaust systems
What is ASTM specification of inconel 625 plate ?
ASTM B 443
What temperature can alloy 625 foil withstand?
cryogenic to 1800°F (982°C).
What is the surface speed of alloy 625 sheet ?