What is Super duplex 2507 plate ?
Alloy 2507 is a super duplex stainless steel that has chromium, nickel and molybdenum in its chemical composition. The super duplex 2507 plate is designed for various demanding applications as it shows high strength and corrosion resistance. The material shows good resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking, pitting and crevice corrosion.
The plate can also withstand high thermal conductivity and has a low thermal expansion coefficient. 2507 super duplex has high impact strength. However, it is not recommended for long exposure above 570 °F as that can reduce the toughness. 2507 possesses excellent mechanical properties along with good weldability and workability.
Table of content
Regent steel is best ASTM a240 type 2507 sheet supplier in India at a fair price, view comparison between super duplex 2507 and 2205?
comparison between super duplex 2507 and 2205?
- 2507 and 2205 have different chemical compositions.
- SAF 2507 shim sheet offers better corrosion resistance in different aggressive environments. It can also withstand pitting and crevice corrosion better than 2205 material.
- 2507 has better mechanical properties including higher tensile & yield strengths.
- 2205 has higher weldability than 2507 due to higher alloy content.
- Werkstoff NR. 1.4410 Perforated Sheet is more expensive than 2205 due to its chemical composition and mechanical properties.
Select alloy 2507 strip and coil from our online inventory ranging from 1 to 100 mm in thickness and 1200 mm in length, must check 2507 stainless steel sheet properties
2507 stainless steel sheet
Alloy 2507 strip
Super duplex 2507 coil
What are the properties of 2507 stainless steel sheet?
- 2507 stainless steel sheet shows high corrosion resistance in aggressive environments. They can also withstand pitting and crevice corrosion. It also shows high resistance to stress corrosion cracking and chloride induced conditions.
- They offer good mechanical properties including high strength and toughness.
- The duplex microstructure gives excellent mechanical strength and corrosion resistance properties.
- ASTM A240 type 2507 sheet offers low thermal expansion and high temperature resistance.
If you're seeking for stockist of 2507 stainless steel sheet in size range from 1000 mm to 2500 mm width, you've come to the right place, see Werkstoff NR. 1.4410 plate other specification
Super duplex 2507 plate specification
|Width ||super duplex 2507 plate Thickness ||Length |
|1500 to 3000 mm ||5 to 500 mm ||upto 12000 mm |
|Specification ||Grades ||MTC |
|ASTM A240 | ASME SA240 ||UNS S32760/S32750 ||10204 3.1 and 3.2 |
Purchase No. 1 and 2B Finish SAF 2507 plate in various types including shim Sheet and foil etc with sample preservation at 100% here
Frequently used 2507 stainless steel sheet
SAF 2507 foil
- Quarter Hard
- Half Hard
- Spring Hard
Werkstoff nr. 1.4410 perforated sheet
- 3/16 to 3 inch thick
- ASTM A240 | ASME SA240
- Width: 10 to 2500mm
Duplex 2507 shim sheet
Get online availability of SA-240 Duplex 2507 hot and cold rolled plate conforming to ASTM A240 in all international standards, see here chemical, mechanical properties and equivalent grades
Alloy 2507 strip equivalent
|MATERIAL ||UNS ||WERKSTOFF NR. |
|Super Duplex || S32760/S32750 ||1.4410 |
SAF 2507 coil mechanical properties
|Duplex 2507 Ultimate Tensile Strength, ksi ||116 min. |
|Hardness Rockwell C ||32 max. |
|0.1% Offset Yield Strength 0.2%, ksi ||91 min. |
|Elongation in 2 inches, % ||15 min. |
|0.2% Offset Yield Strength 0.2%, ksi ||80 min. |
|Impact Energy, ft.-lbs. ||74 min. |
ASTM A240 type 2507 sheet chemical properties
|Super Duplex 2507 ||Others ||N ||C ||Cr ||Mo ||Ni |
|S=0.001 ||0.27 ||0.020 ||25 ||4.0 ||7 |
How thick is 2507 coil?
The standard thickness of 2507 coil ranges between 0.4 to 10mm. However, depending on your project requirements, you can consult your supplier and get the thickness of the coil customized.
What is the maximum chloride content of alloy 2507 Strip?
The maximum chloride content of alloy 2507 strip is evaluated on based on critical pitting (CPT) and crevice corrosion temperatures (CCT). 2507 has a high CPT, exceeding 40 °C in seawater and salinity of 35 g/L.
The material also exhibits a high CCT and hence it can withstand higher concentrations of chloride containing environments. However, the precise chloride content will depend on the specific application and its environmental conditions.
6 point to remember before choose super duplex 2507 plate supplier ?
- Verify that the 2507 plate supplier adheres to industry standards and specifications.
- They must provide all the required certifications and documents to ensure the quality and integrity of the plate. The suppliers must be willing to conduct additional tests as per your specific application requirements.
- Choose experienced suppliers who have a reputation in the market, like Regent Steel & Engineering Co.
- They should offer plate 2507 in different sizes and dimensions to match your project requirements.
- The suppliers must offer on time delivery to your location through a streamlined process.
- They must offer the plates at competitive rates and maintain cost transparency.
Dimensions of SAF 2507 plate
Super duplex 2507 plate metric dimensions
|Width (mm) ||Thickness (mm) |
|max. 1524 ||0.4–6.35 |
|max. 1524 ||0.5–4.0 |
|max. 2032 ||0.25–8.0 |
|max. 1524 ||0.25–3.5 |
|max. 2032 ||0.4–8.0 |
|max. 1524 ||0.4–6.35 |
Super duplex 2507 plate imperial dimensions
|Width (in) ||Gauge (in) |
|max. 60 ||12–24 |
|max. 72* ||10–24 |
|max. 60 ||11–24 |
|max. 48 ||18–28 |
|max. 48 ||13–29 |
Width tolerances of super duplex 2507 cold rolled plate
| ||Super duplex 2507 plate tolerance (mm) |
| ||Trimmed edge ||Mill edge |
|Nominal width (mm) ||Plus ||Minus ||Plus ||Minus |
|1200 < w < 1500 ||5 ||0 ||20 ||0 |
|w < 1200 ||3 ||0 ||20 ||0 |
|w > 1500 ||5 ||0 ||20 ||0 |